Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Cricut Cat Birthday Card

Hi Everyone,

I hope you have all had a lovely bank holiday weekend. Unfortunately for me I have spent it preparing for a week long stay in hospital. I am going in for some tests and assessments so this will probably be my last post for a little while.

Todays card is one I made for my Auntie. Technically she is no longer my Auntie as her and my Uncle divorced a few years ago but I still think of her that way.



I started out by cutting the cat out on my Cricut Expression using the Kate's ABC's cartridge. I adhered all the pieces together and added a few rhinestones to the cats collar for embellishment. I then punched out a 3 1/2'' scalloped circle from cream cardstock and adhered the cat to it. I set my focal image aside while I worked on the rest of the card.
I cut down a piece of light pink cardstock so that there would be a 1 cm border of the card base showing. I then cut down a piece of dark pink cardstock so that there was a 0.5 cm border of the light pink cardstock showing. I rounded the corners on the light pink cardstock and used a decorative corner punch on the dark pink cardstock. I matted both of my layers onto my card base using a Tombow Mono Adhesive tape runner.
Next I adhered my focal image onto the card where I wanted it. In the space below I used some silver peel offs to add my Happy Birthday sentiment and the recipients name.
At this point I thought the card needed just a little something else so I took some dark pink rhinestones and added them to the centres of each of the flowers from the decorative corner punch. I also thought that the butterfly needed a little extra so I took some gold wire and threaded on two yellowish beads and twisted the wire to hold them on. I then curled the ends so that they looked like the butterflies antenna. Once I had adhered those I felt the card looked a lot more finished off so I decided to leave it there.

I am going to enter this card into some challenges.
Allsorts Add Some Sparkle Challenge
Ruby's Rainbow Furry Friends Challenge
A Blog Named Hero All That Glitters Challenge
Annabelle Stamps Anything Goes Challenge
CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Challenge I chose Birthday, Bling and Punches or Dies.

I hope you have enjoyed stopping by my blog today, I really appreciate your visit and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Until next time,
Lucy x

Supplies: Cricut Expression, Kates ABC's Cartridge, 3 1/2'' Scalloped circle punch, Corner rounder punch, Decorative corner punch, Rhinestones, Gold wire, Beads, Silver peel offs, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Tombow Mono Adhesive tape runner, Cardstock