Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Valentines Card

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing another old card with you today, I made this one for my Partner for Valentines day 2010. 
I have been photographing my cards for almost 3 years and I thought it seemed a shame not to share some of them on my blog. I'm not well enough to make cards that often, on average I only make 2 cards a month so sharing old cards lets me blog more frequently.  

This card was pretty simple to make. I stamped the 'to the one I love' sentiment onto a cut down piece of red cardstock using Encore Gold Metallic Ink. I then spelt out my partners name on another small piece of the same red cardstock using gold peel off letters.
I cut some layers out of cream and brown cardstock and matted them to my red card base. I adhered the sentiment and name panel to the card base and then added on some premade store bought heart 'toppers' in between. 

My card making style has evolved quite a lot since I first started making cards 5-6 years ago. When I first started I thought that the only things you could get for card making were peel offs and premade toppers. Over the years I have learnt that there are so many cool tools and techniques available to make your own focal images. I haven't used a premade topper since 2011 and I probably won't ever use one again but I see these cards as a progression of my skills.

I am entering this into the CASology Red Challenge.

I hope you have enjoyed viewing my blog today. I actually managed to make my Partner a card for this years Valentines Day so I will be back soon to share that with you! He follows my blog so I will have to wait to post it until I have given it to him or he will get a sneek peak!

Until next time,
Lucy x

Supplies: Encore Gold Metallic Ink, Premade Heart Toppers, Sentiment stamp from Hobby Craft, Gold peel off letters