Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Hamster Birthday Card for a Special Friend

Hey Everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I made for a very good friend of mine. We met through our love for hamsters so I thought that this stamp would make the perfect card for her! I even tried to colour the hamster to look like hers! I mailed it off to her yesterday, she lives in the USA so it will be a little while before she recieves it but I really hope she will like it!

I started out by stamping the hamster onto Copic X-press it blending card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then coloured it in using Copic markers and fussy cut it out. 
I stamped the image again onto pink cardstock and die cut it out using a Spellbinders Circle die. I glued my fussy cut hamster onto the pink circle using a Sakura Quickie glue pen making sure to align it properly with the outline. I die cut another circle from red cardstock this time using a Spellbinders Lacey Circle die. I matted my pink circle on top using a Tombow Mono Adhesive tape pen. To finish my focal point I adhered pink rhinestones at evenly spaced points around the perimeter of the circle.
Next I cut down some patterned paper from the My Minds Eye Six by Six Happy Day paper pack. I used my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper to round the corners of both the pattern paper and my red card base.
I then die cut a tag from pink cardstock using a Spellbinders Grommet Tag die and stamped a sentiment onto it using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I tied some red buttons onto the tag using some bakers twine from The Twinery. I adhered the tag onto my pattered paper and wrapped the loose ends of the twine around the back of the paper. I secured them down with a little bit of masking tape. I matted my patterned paper onto my card base using a Tombow Mono Adhesive tape pen. Finally I adhered my focal image onto the card using dimentional foam dots. As a finishing touch I added a single rhinestone to each of the corners.

 I am going to be entering this card into three challenges. Allsorts Animals Challenge, CASology Circle Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I hope you have enjoyed your visit! Please stop by again soon!

Until next time,
Lucy x 

Supplies: Raisin Boat Hug a Hamster Stamp set, Stamping All Day Mix and Match sentiment stamps, My Minds Eye Six by Six Happy Day paper pack, Inspire Me Paper, Copic X-press it blending card, Copic markers, Spellbinders Lacey Circles Die, Spellbinders Circles Die,  Spellbinders Grommet Tags Die, The Twinery Twine, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Tombow Mono Adhesive tape pen, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Buttons, Rhinestones